Thursday, November 1, 2012

this took me forever!

I have always, always wanted to make a mommy blog. Now finally, after countless attempts to start one, I feel that this is going to be the real thing.
More than anything, I want to make this blog because i'd like to share my experiences, thoughts, joy and even my worries and frustrations about being a parent.
I have a daughter named Summer and if I start telling stories about her, I would need more than one day to share stories about her and she's only 1 and a half! So I will just make a separate article about my precious little Summeroo and let me just continue with my first ever post on my first ever mommy blog. ( i feel really excited about this ^_^ )
So why did it take me forever to start this? Well, like most of the working moms' dilemma,  its really difficult to take your time, or even just find the time to sit down and do something for yourself or in this case, write something specially when you get home. The first thing you would usually want to do is play with your child and spend some quality time with her after spending your whole day at work, and of course get some rest too. 
I am lucky to have my mom and a 'yaya' to help me take care of my baby, but of course I make sure that I get to spend time taking care of her too. Every time there are milestones in her life, I am so amazed (sometimes to a point of having tears in my eyes, lol! ) and I feel that I have to capture that, but a lot of times it happens so fast and I'm afraid that I might even miss some of those milestones. 
Every time I get home from work I always ask my mom or yaya to tell me how Summer's day went and what she did that day. As much as I want to always be there for her, I know sooner or later she will understand why mom and dad has to go to work everyday and that we will always be there to love her and care for her, but there will be some time apart so we can give her the best for her future.

There's so much more Id like to share about the beautiful, messy, crazy and complicated life of being a mom.
From how my world turned 360 degrees, and just how crazy for 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test change your life forever! From a carefree single career woman who drives around town like I have no house, to a mom who has a "little me"  to take care of  and works her butt off with a watermark trace of my now gone night life :-)
This life I thought I couldn't live, is the life I couldn't imagine not having now. It surprises me everyday how I go by enjoying every minute of it, yes even without the things I thought would make me happy before I had a child.
This is still surreal for me. But I am enjoying every day, every struggle, every tiny heart attacks, every big or tiny food stain on my blouse, toys on the floor I trip on,  little sleep and a small bank account. This is my life. And I love living it specially with my little love.

So, here you can see me live and learn all these. 
This is the life of a hard worker, a complicated partner ,  a stubborn but loving daughter ( not proud! :/ ) and a happy mom. Watch how I balance this out :-)  I'll see guys around!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment