Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Precious Moments Baptismal Celebration

The first ever big celebration I had to plan for my Summer was her Christening.
This happened over a year ago, July 2011 and I just wanted to share this very precious moment with all of you.
It is such a wonderful and fulfilling event for parents to bring their child to the Christian world so I made sure that day was well spent with friends and loved ones.


Giving birth through a C-Section wasn't just physically painful but financially excruciating as well. Plus, Summer had to be in the incubator for a week since she had a little bit of complications due to some difficulties during her birth, reason also for the emergency C-section for me. And so, our planned budget for childbirth was waaaaay out of what we expected. But we were able to manage, thank God! We just had to adjust a little bit. But we are very thankful that despite a rough start, Summer turned out to be a healthy and happy baby.

With a limited budget in mind, I still wanted to make sure that her baptismal celebration will still be special. 
As a first time mom, I went through different mommy forums to ask around and learn from other seasoned moms so I could get ideas in preparing this special occasion for my daughter. As I go through these never ending conversations, I stumbled upon this thread at the Smart Parenting website about Baptismal celebs and all. I didn't wanna settle for just any ordinary venue. I know there's something nice and fab out there that I could afford where we could hold Summer's first ever special event. Then, I saw one member post a restaurant called 'Precious Moment Tea House and Restaurant'.

I checked the photos and I was delighted with what I saw. So I researched further and found out that Mr. Sam Butcher, the creator of the iconic and endearing teardrop-eye children owns and runs the place. They also have a main branch in Aklan, in the Visayan region, which I heard was also a great venue in that area.
So I checked their rates and found their packages very reasonable. The place isn't just a restaurant but also a showroom of Precious Moment dolls, figurines and other PM items.
It was so petty. Without a doubt, I found the perfect venue!
I even made a special invitation to our guests, here it is:
  

And with no second thoughts, I had my daughter baptized at the church of my Alma Mater, "The Most Holy Trinity Parish Church" in Balic-Balic Sampaloc, Manila where I finished elementary school and where I was baptized too!

My friends were even teasing that I chose this church just because the church is yellow, my friends know that I absolutely love anything yellow, its hard to believe,  but really It was just a coincidence that favored me big time! :-)
 
So after the wonderful ceremony that sealed my daughter's Christianity, we headed to the venue and more than anyone, I was suuuuper excited!
On our way there, it rained a little bit, I was kind of worried because the reception was a bit far from the church I didn't want my guests to have a hard time looking for it or get caught on traffic but surprisingly our guests arrived just on time. ;-)
The venue is decorated with Christmas theme all year round, and that is one thing that really got me in booking this place.
Christmas in July! Perfect :-)

Here's some photos of the venue.
 















These are just a few of the photos we took during the event. I was so glad they loved the place, it was so pretty and dainty!

Don't even get me started with the food! I really didn't expect too much, but man, it was superb! I am not even kidding, from the soup to the main course to every dish, I really couldn't think of anything that's not nice. It was absolutely delicious! I hope they keep that up co'z people aren't only gonna go there for the ambiance but people would keep coming back for the food!

For the souvenirs, I did it myself too!  
I would love to give out PM figurines but they are really expensive. These are considered collector items so can you just imagine how a small piece of figurine would cost.
So I had to think of other options that would also be fitting for the event theme.
I wanted to give away something useful so I thought of giving out hand sanitizers. 
So I bought some small pink bottles, got me liters of  hand sanitizer, mixed it with some of Summer's cologne for a personal touch. I also made a sticker label with a Precious Moment design and put Summer's face on it. Then I put it in a small little cutesy pink pouch. 
And here it is 


I was soo happy it turned out great! The effort I put into it was definitely worth it and I wouldn't mind if I do this all over again for my precious little daughter Summer.♥

Precious Moments Tea House and Restaurant used to be located at Laredo St. in Palanan Makati, that is where we held the event. But they moved to a more convenient location along Buendia.
You may visit them there to and  check out the place or try their food, pastries or coffee.
Here are their contact details:






3 comments:

  1. Sis, how much package sa Precious Moments? Baptism din kasi ng baby ko this January and we are looking for possible venues :) TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sorry i didnt see your message right away.
    this was in 2011 pa so im not sure if they increased their prices na. I got the 400+/ pax and booked about 50 guests. This includes the food, set up and basic decors and signage. i got the cake and the giveaways separately. this was taken pa in their resto in Palanan, but it seems that their new resto pretty much looks the same but more spacious. i posted their contact details, its best that you get in touch with them to get a more updated info. but in my experience, our event turned out really well, jst perfect for an intimate occasion with family and friends. the place is so nice and their food is really good too. hope this helps. good luck on your preparation and hope it turns out well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas and the baptismal venue, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete